Saturday, January 3, 2009

Bluebird Houses

January has always been a reflective month for me. Thinking of the past year and lessons learned - and hope for a new and better year.

Spring is a welcome thought right now, although Winter has hardly begun! Thinking about the return of the bluebird in the Springtime always gives me a ray of hope helping me through the doldrums of winter.

I am reminded that when the bluebirds return here in the Northeast, they will be looking for a place to hang their hats.



You can help them by providing a place for them to return and nest in - and January is not too early to think about this! February is the recommended time to mount your bluebird house.

Yes, think bluebirds! Think Spring!

Jo
Wildbird Blog - Bird Watching for Fun

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love watching for bluebirds in my backyard! I just bought a perfect bluebird birdhouse from Kinsman: http://www.kinsmangarden.com/category/Birds-Bees-Wildlife and I am so excited for spring! The house is all mounted :) Thanks for sharing!